I get up and turn on the news and hear “NOBODY BEATS TOWN FAIR TIRE…N-O-B-O-D-Y”.
I spend the day running a tire shop, seeing their handiwork, and listening to the stories, and just as my eyes are flickering in the third quarter of Monday Night Football, it’s on again!
“NOBODY BEATS TOWN FAIR TIRE…N-O-B-O-D-Y”.
Now I don’t mind cheesy, annoying commercials, but with Town Fair Tire it’s personal because they’re calling me a nobody when I’m a somebody.
And that’s why I’m writing this post, I know what they’re really like.
Here are a few truths Town Fair Tire doesn’t want you to know about:
- “Free front-wheel alignment” is bait. There’s no such thing as a “front-wheel” or “front-end” alignment on today’s cars. (4-wheel alignments cost extra).
- “Free lifetime flat tire repair” means you’re buying a new tire.
- “Free lifetime road-hazard guarantee” always ends up with you buying a new tire.
- “Free lifetime tire rotations” are made as inconvenient as possible.
- “Free winter change-overs” don’t include balancing. That costs extra.
Yes, these are “free services that nobody can match”, the ones they hammer in the commercials with the smiling tire-people to get you in the door no matter what happens next.
The $50 you saved and the allure of “free services”, is a distant memory after you’ve been waiting for 4 hours on a cold plastic chair, next to a grumpy vending machine and nobody gives a shit.
For me they’re always there — and that’s my problem with Town Fair Tire.
The truth is that tires are expensive and need to be installed by a professional.
If you value a hassle-free experience and good quality tires at a fair price, shop locally. Find an independent tire store with good reviews, hand them the keys and trust them to do the right thing. They will — their reputation rides on it!